Thursday, August 15, 2013

Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation : Product Review


I've had a hard time bringing myself to write this review; not because this product was horrible and I didn't want to tell you, but because it was kind of unremarkable to me. I had heard so much hype about the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, that I was half expecting to have cherubs fly out of the foundation during the first pump. I don't think you need me to tell, but I will anyway... that didn't happen.


The Facts

Price: $9.49 (this was at Target in Kansas, prices may vary)
Amount of Product: 1 fl oz.
Number of Shades: 14 - there are darker shades, but as per usual, they are limited
Claim: "All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long."

Shade that I used: 810 Classic Ivory

Shades and the foundation itself: Having been a former Covergirl foundation user, I know that the shade that best matches my skin is Classic Ivory. Unfortunately for me, I find that the lighter shades can tend to border on pink and my particular shade, while being the best match, is a bit orangey. It's not horrible, it's just something I notice and one of the main reasons I stopped using Covergirl. There are 14 shades, which is starting to get in the more generous category for drugstore. There are two shades which are fairly dark, but there isn't much range. Again, this foundation is mostly for lighter skinned people.

Coverage: The coverage on this foundation is medium to full depending on how you apply it. If you used a Beauty Blender (or other sponge like it), I think that it would probably lean more toward the medium side but if you apply it with a brush and really buff it in, I think it leans more to full.

Application: Since this is a liquid foundation, you can apply it a myriad of ways, but my favorite is with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I also used a buffing brush from Sephora (it came in a gift set, so I have no clue what it's called), but it was inferior. One thing that this foundation wins with, hand down, is that it had a pump. I don't understand why any liquid foundation comes without a pump these days, but most are pump-less. Anyway, you turn the pump to its open position (yes, it locks, so it doesn't pump when you don't want it to) and get as much as needed. It smooths on fairly easily and blends nicely.

Wear Time: The wear time on this is pretty decent. I don't know if I would go as far as to say that it wears all day, as in 24 hours, but it does last past the work day. So, you can work all day and then go to happy hour and it will still be on your face.

Does it deliver on its claim? Pretty much. I've never used a foundation and been happy with it concealing my under eye circles, so I don't believe the concealer claim on this, but that's getting kind of picky. Since I have oily skin, I do get shiny areas later in the day, but I'm not an oil slick. I don't really know how to evaluate its primer claim, but I guess you could decide that on your own.





Final Verdict: Like I said up above, I had a hard time deciding to write this review because, regardless of how I just described this foundation, it was still somewhat unremarkable to me. Maybe it's because my usual go-to foundation is Revlon Color Stay and while the Covergirl is good, it would never replace my Revlon. If you love Covergirl products, definitely pick this up, it won't leave you feeling sad. If you're a Revlon girl, you can leave this one behind. If you're neither? It's a good $10 foundation that will last you a while and has nice results. 

Questions? Comments? Let me know down below!



No comments:

Post a Comment