Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dolly's Polish : Swatches


Long time, no talk, right? Well, my plan to finish up my indies "month", cough... three months, cough, isn't going so well since the sun will. not. shine. Every time I'm at work, the sun is out and plentiful and by the time I get home, it's hiding behind a massive layer of clouds. Fingers crossed the sun will come out in the next few days so that I can tell you about a few more brands and get the swatches up! Regardless, I did get some more indies...

If you follow me on Instagram (if you don't, click on the instagram button to your right), then you have seen the picture above. After responding to a Reddit post, I received a lovely little package from Ajevie containing several polishes for me to try out from Dolly's Polish. It looks like the site is up, but doesn't have these polishes available quite yet! They are all mini sized, which explains why they're so adorable, but is also perfect for someone like me who will never make it through an entire bottle of polish. I received four shades; Sugar Skull, Autumn 2014, Lake Monster Scales, and Gilded Plums. 

This isn't truly a review since I'm not too adept at writing nail polish reviews; I use my hands every day at work and my fingers get smashed by heavy objects on a weekly basis... therefore nothing can stay on my fingernails for too long. I will say this though, all of the polishes dried insanely quickly which is something that I appreciate immensely. All of the swatches were done without a base or top coat, so all you're seeing is polish. 



And of course, this wouldn't be a post about indies without a mention of the cute packaging in which Ajevie sent my things. She included a cute note on the back of the halloween card and a business card (not pictured)! Also, before we dive into "swatches", please excuse my horrible cuticles and subpar painting job. I am not a master at nail polish, simply someone who likes it and paints their nails from time to time.

2 coats - daylight

3 coats - daylight

I found this shade to be much more sheer than the rest, perhaps it is more of a jelly?

3 coats - Studio lighting

This was opaque after two coats, but I wanted more glitter chunks, so I added a third :D

3 coats - Studio Lighting

A true glitter topper!

All in all, I'm pretty surprised and happy with the quality of these polishes! I've never had an indie polish before, so I wasn't completely sure how they would be. Hopefully she'll have her new colors added to the site soon so that you can order if interested!

Questions, comments? Let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment