Monday, September 30, 2013

Sigma E25 Brush : Product review


I don't know how many of you who read my blog are also Redditors, but for those of you who are, you can probably skip this intro. For those of you who are not, let me fill you in on some makeup brush lore, if you aren't in the "know". One of the most talked about blending brushes is the MAC 217 brush and on Reddit, it's pretty much treated like a god. I do not own the MAC 217 because I have a really hard time spending money on brushes... which is stupid because quality brushes can make a big difference (quality, not price!). Since I didn't want to spend $24 and I've been really curious about Sigma's brushes, I decided to try their blending brush: the E25.

When I bought the E25 on September 12th, it was still $10, but looking at the Sigma website, it appears that it's now $12. I don't know the reason behind the price change, but that still puts it at 50% of the cost of the MAC brush. Again, I don't own the MAC 217, so this will be where the comparisons of the two end.

I've own crease brushes and some more precise blending brushes, but nothing quite like this. The brush looks like a paddle brush from the front, but from the side, it's fluffier. It is dense with bristles, but a bit longer than your standard shadow brush. You can definitely use this brush to apply shadow all over the lid as well as use it as a blending brush.


The quality of the brush seems fine. I haven't washed it yet, but I don't think that it should present a problem as I've never had any issues, even with cheap brushes. The bristles are incredibly soft and move with ease over the eye. I kind of dislike that the brush is white, just because it looks so dirty after using it even once.

And as for performance? Dear god, why did I wait so long to buy a brush like this? I feel like I've just opened to gates to makeup brush heaven and blending has become so freaking easy. I seamlessly blended out a shimmery, glittery taupe shadow today in like 3 seconds; it was magical. Every time I use this brush, it feels like magic. I'll still be using my other crease and blending brushes, but probably a lot less often as this guy is going to reign supreme. 

Final Verdict: Buy this. Seriously, if you do any sort of eyeshadow just buy the brush. It's incredibly affordable and it packs a punch; go for it!

Questions, comments? Let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment