Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes : Swatches & First Impressions


Rarely do I like to make posts about products that I haven't had for at least a little amount of time, but since these are incredibly new and already incredibly popular (they're only available to VIBs on Sephora and three of six are sold out), I figured I would provide some swatches and first impressions. This is in no way a review of these two blushes, just a little peek into them and the color and formula. 



Here are the quick facts that I can tell you about the blushes.

  • Available on Sephora.com for VIB and Rouge only (at the time being); available to all customers starting 2/21) & hourglasscosmetics.com (appear to be sold out atm, but they are restocking)
  • $35
  • 0.15 oz of product
  • Paraben Free, Talc Free, Fragrance Free, Nanoparticle Free (what?), and Gluten Free
  • "A truly multidimensional blush that enhances cheeks with seamless, soft-focus colors, and a natural radiant finish"
  • And a small warning printed on the box "Ambient Lighting Blush is fragile. Please handle with care."



Hourglass has taken their wildly popular Ambient Lighting Powders and mixed them with pigments to create a blush line. Each of the blushes coordinates with one of their Ambient Lighting Powders, hence the "luminous" and "diffused". The blushes are very soft, very nice, and blend extremely well on the skin. They are pigmented, but not to the point where you are going to make yourself look like a clown with one brush swipe. 



I included two sets of swatches so that you could see that the light variation does make a difference in how these appear on the skin (excuse my goosebumps). The top swatch for each shade is blended out and the bottom swatch is a heavy, two swipe swatch. 

Luminous Flush was described as a champagne rose, but I feel that with the product mixed together, it can take on a bit of a coral undertone. Nothing overpowering, but it does have a bit of orange to it.


Diffused Heat was definitely more pink on my skin and it does have a slight bit of visible shimmer. It was described as a vibrant poppy and while it definitely more vibrant than Luminous Flush, it doesn't make me think of a poppy color at all.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down below!

4 comments:

  1. I really, really want to get my hands on these. I have been in love with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and I'm hoping these will perform just as well on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely! I've worn them both on my face at this point and I love that they do have the characteristics of the ALPs but with pigment. I think I will probably pick up another color in the future.

      Delete
  2. Great post! This totally helped me make up my mind on which shade to order!!

    Hayley xo | www.sailor-stories.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete