Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easy Eye Pick Me Ups : How To


There are always quick tips and tricks to freshen up your look, but people don't always explain them with visual evidence. A lot of magazines and websites will simply describe them to you because they think that the idea is simple enough that everyone should just understand it. Well, I think that's pretty dumb or maybe it's just because I'm a visual learner, but I always think that the photographic evidence helps people learn something that is, well, visual. Keep reading to see how to implement two very simple, very quick pick me ups for your eyes.



This is my starting point; I have on my regular foundation, concealer, and powder. I also have some shimmery shadow on my eyes from the Walking on Eggshells trio from Wet N Wild.


First and foremost, the fastest way to perk up your eyes is to apply mascara. If you're looking particularly tired, I recommend avoiding your lower lashes and to just keep things clean on the lower lash line. 


The next easy pick me up is something I bet that 90% of you have heard about, but you're probably using the wrong color. Most people think that applying white liner to your water line is a great eye brightener, but white liner is really harsh, so you're better off with a peach liner. I used Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Waterproof Liner in Nude. It brightens your eyes but it looks more natural.


I apologize for the very Dali-esque photo here, but this is the best way to show you where to line your eyes for a pick me up that doesn't drag you down with heavy liner. If you guys haven't been able to tell, I love me some thick black liner, but I don't wear it every day. Sometimes, I really prefer to go for a lighter look and this lets me darken my lash line without visible liner. You tightline the upper water line for a look that makes you lashes appear thicker at the base. Now, to do this, I place my mirror below my face and look down at the mirror. If you do this, you can keep your eyes open to apply the liner and you can see the waterline. If you want to try this out, please proceed slowly because it's really easy to poke yourself in the eye.


Thicker lash line without visible liner; it's a win win situation.


These are the products I used without the black liner (I can't show it to you guys since it's the one I'm testing). Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Liner in Nude and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara.


And there you have it. Very easy ways to open your eyes up a bit without going crazy on the makeup. My last tip for this is to either tightline your upper waterline with black or the lower with peach; if you do both, they will rub together eventually and give you a gray look on both waterlines. Have fun with these tips!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment