Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Coral & Denim Eyes : Tutorial



This was a look I did during my 30 days of makeup challenge on Instagram (which I did complete, but forgot to photograph a few days :-\) and ended up falling in love with. The trick to my version of the coral eye is to use a matte coral; the matte look and the boldness of coral work in this magical way to look absolutely appealing. If you want to see how to get this look, keep reading!





Eyes

Keeping the eye products to a minimum here. There are two things that I used and did not picture; one is my eye primer, you guys have seen it enough to know that I use it for every look, and the other is a taupe or light tan shadow. I used one from my NYX Love in Paris palette in Merci Beaucoup.

1) L'Oréal Colour Riche quad in Shopping Spree
2) Noir Long Wear Eyeliner
3) Stila Stay All Day liquid liner in Black
4) Revlon Lash Potion in Black


Tools

1) Missha Medium Base Brush
2) Sephora Crease Brush


Foundationed and eyebrows filled. Since it's summer time weather now, I've switched over to a foundation that suits my skin better; Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Oily Skin. This is a medium to full coverage foundation, but it somehow is still a lightweight consistency and it helps control my oily face better than most foundations. (review on this coming later)


Primed lids!


Using the Missha brush, I applied a fairly decent amount of the coral shade from Shopping Spree. Since this is drugstore eye shadow, it does take a bit more work to get the color built up. If you want, you can always start with a white base so that the color shows up truer.


I took my tan/taupe shade and applied that to my crease using the crease brush.


I then cleaned off my Missha brush really quickly (by wiping it on my wrist a few times) and applied the denim blue shade under neath my eyes. I also took the rose gold shade and using the crease brush, applied it to my brow bone (also blending the tan into the rose gold) and near my tear duct.


I applied my liquid liner and mascara and I lined my lower waterline with black liner. Apparently, this matte coral and my Stila Stay All Day liner don't get along very well because this was extremely difficult to do, but I've never experienced this problem with any other matte shadow. Odd.


I then applied blush, bronzer, and highlighter. My lips are naked because I had horribly chapped lips when I shot this and couldn't put anything on them except for my lip balm. Luckily, they seem to have healed since this was shot. 

And... some more vanity shots.



Any questions or comments? Let me know down below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)












No comments:

Post a Comment