Wednesday, June 5, 2013

To Reflect Shimmer Palette : Product Review


I don't feature a ton of Wet N Wild products on this blog, which is a shame, because they're usually amazing and I use a ton of them in my day to day life. I know that one of my more popular blog posts is a review of a horrendous Wet N Wild lip product, but let me inform you right now, this product is a review going in another direction. I don't know if this item is limited edition or not, but it's available wherever Wet N Wild is sold and it's on their website, so I assume that it's going to be around for a little while even if it is limited edition. Keep reading to find out what I think about this shimmer palette.



If you didn't see in the header photo, this is part of the Fergie collection for Wet N Wild which also included some lip, nail, eye, and additional face products. I picked this up in the Rose Gold Champagne color because it most closely resembled a highlighting product that I already own and love: MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Redhead (which is LE, but has been rereleased before). I think I bought this back in January and kind of socked it away for a while. I was digging through a massive pile of beauty products that I hadn't use yet and I saw this. All I can say is, thank the sweet lawd that I found this! 


This is definitely more shimmer than the mineralize skin finish from MAC, but I like it for that exact reason. It has the most beautiful glow to it (due to the pink and yellowish cream color that mix together) and it is a seriously flattering hue for fair and light skin toned girls. If you have darker skin tones, this item does come in two other shades; Carnaval in Rio and Rose Golden Goddess. I don't own them, but if they're anything like this, I definitely recommend trying them out.

When I want something very subtle, I still reach for my MAC MSF, but when I want something to will really highlight and bring a lot of life to my face, this is my new go to. Here's a before and after that includes this product (along with a lot of others, this is from a tutorial).



This is an incredibly affordable (I believe it's $5.99) and gorgeous way to bring some life to your face. Do any of you own the other shades of this? Let me know what you think of them down below!

(all photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment