Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Color Whisper : Product Review




Color Whisper : Maybelline

I always get excited when I see that the drugstores are getting new product and I saw new end displays at Target about two weeks ago. The first item that caught my attention was the new Maybelline Color Whisper. I am a huge fan of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters and these looked similar, so I thought I should pick some up.


These are actually quite different than the Lip Butters, but still a really nice product. The Color Whispers are more like a balm in texture, but color pay off seems to differ between shades. I picked up two shades, Pink Possibilities and Pinup Peach, and the color payoff between these two differs quite a bit.

Pinup Peach has much more pigment to it and has the tiniest bit of glitter to it. With just one swipe of the peach, it had obvious color and showed up on my lips. Pink Possibilities is much more sheer and takes a few swipes to get a lot of color payoff. I really like both colors regardless of color payoff on Pink Possibilities, it just makes it a more natural look.


L - Pinup Peach : R - Pink Possibilities

I've seen Color Whisper at Target, Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens. I picked mine up at Target for $5.99. Have you tried this yet? Let me know in the comments below!

(all pictures copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)


No comments:

Post a Comment