Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Round Up


Here, in the magical land of Oz, we've been having very weird weather; it gets very nice and pleasant and then switches back over to cold and horrible. For example, it was in the upper 60s yesterday and today, it is rainy and about 35°. Due to this, I wanted to just be outside yesterday and today, I have no motivation to do anything. So, for today, we are going to do a Tuesday roundup (usually reserved for the weekends). There will still be a tutorial coming later today, but expect it late tonight. Keep reading after the jump for more on the things cheering me up on this dreary Tuesday.





These brushes! I had completely forgotten that I received these at Christmas, so when I picked up the clutch that they came in, I was ecstatic. I typically put all of my Christmas presents in one area so that when I go to use them, I know exactly where they are, but these came in a black clutch, so they were hiding from me and my memory. 




This is a very nice brush set from the Sephora brand and it's a fairly wide-use kit. From left to right we have: a buffing brush, a flat eyeshadow or concealer brush, a rounded wide eyeshadow brush, a blush brush, and a pencil brush. I have a buffing brush that I love (see the Revlon Nearly Naked post), but I'm always curious about other options, so I'm probably most excited about that. I'm also fairly interested in the pencil brush since I have another one of those, as well, but my current one is a little too hard and can be a bit too scratchy on delicate eye skin.


And this quad from Maybelline. Let me state, for the record, that Maybelline really stepped up their eye shadow game about a year ago and has never looked back. The Maybelline Eye Studio Quads are some of the best drugstore eyeshadows out there and are very comparable to Lancôme Color Design shadows. This is in Olive Martini, which was a limited edition quad, but I'm thinking it's going to be good to start wearing again because of the mix of colors. 



As you can see, there are two pastel shades and two darker, kind of ruddy shades. This, in my mind, is the perfect summation of the weather patterns here right now. Some days it's like Spring, some days it's like muddy Winter. 



The lightest shade blends into my hand perfectly, but it shows up as more of a champagne on my lids. There is a duochrome shade (second from left in this swatch picture) that is a lot of fun and there several dupes for it out in the market. I think that I may have to do an eye look with this in the next few days. 

What beauty products are keeping you guys happy during these dreary days? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment