Monday, January 28, 2013

L'Oréal LeGloss : Product Review


Lip gloss, product that I do not buy often because I don't really like it. It's such a difficult product to navigate; sometimes it's too sheer, sometimes it's too pigmented, sometimes it comes off in one fell swoop, and the absolute worst, it's too sticky. Sticky lip gloss is the epitome of horrible makeup problems (for me, at least) because you can't do anything with sticky gloss; it's just setting you up for failure. 

Anyway, sometimes a gloss will suck me in because it's really pretty and then I'm just stuck with it. Luckily for me, Le Gloss by L'Oréal is a good product and if you keep reading, I'll let you know why.


For starters, the color that I am showing you is a limited edition shade that it meant to be fairly sheer. I don't know if the other colors are well pigmented, it's something I'll need to explore further. This shade is Mystic Shine and it was part of the Project Runway line that came out a few months ago. I know that most stores are not carrying this anymore, but I have still seen this in my local CVS and Walgreens.

I am not picky about lip gloss applicators, I like it when they have a wand with a doe foot or a brush, I like when it's a squeeze applicator, the click pen is cool, it doesn't make a difference to me. That being said, Le Gloss is a squeeze tube with an angled plastic applicator. I do like that it's angled, because it makes it easier to apply.



The formula of this gloss is pretty awesome if you're looking for high shine and a smoothness. One thing I'm always concerned about with glittery glosses is the gritty feel of the glitter on your lips, but with this, I can't feel any grittiness, which is awesome. Since this gloss is slick and sticky, it's not going to last for hours and hours. It does stay for about an hour or two if you're not eating or drinking, which is fairly normal for a gloss.

Mystic Shine is a glittery lilac in the tube, but it comes out more of a sheer shimmer that's tinted lilac. When the light catches it, you can really see the lilac shimmer and it's absolutely beautiful while staying completely wearable for the day time.




I think that this is a great layering gloss, meaning that it looks awesome over a lipstick/stain/balm. I layered it over New Lover from NARS and it was a very pretty, soft combination. If you paired it over something, say a bright red, it would give a very cool dimension to the red. 




The other perk of this lip gloss is that it's coming from the drugstore or mass retailer, so it's going to fall in the $6 to $10 range depending on where you get it. All in all, I think that I will be picking up a few more of these in different colors to layers over my lipsticks.

What do you guys think? Will you be picking up a Le Gloss?



No comments:

Post a Comment