Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Neutrogena Hand Cream : Product Review

Neutrogena Hand Cream : Norwegian Formula


A few weeks ago, I decided to try a program called BzzAgent. It's a very simple program that you sign up for and then are occasionally selected to do market research on items. I'm not here to tell you all about BzzAgent, if you have any interest, it's free and you can check out there website here. I was chosen for a Neutrogena campaign and I have to say, I'm extremely glad that I was. I was sent a complimentary Norwegian Formula Hand Cream to try and give them feed back on... and let me tell you, this stuff is awesome. More info on this after the jump.

Like most people, I get really dry skin in the winter and am constantly putting on lotion to remedy this, but I always find myself applying lotion over and over again to keep my hands moisturized. That's where this product steps in, it's not a lotion, it's a cream, which makes a big difference. When you first squeeze it out, it looks like vaseline, but once you rub it in, it feels more like a cream. I have the fragrance free version of this, which is good because my skin can be sensitive to fragrance and more often than not, fragrance means alcohol which means dry skin. 

My test for how good a hand lotion/cream is, is based on the skin located on the web between my thumb and my pointer finger. For some reason, and maybe you readers have this too, that patch of skin gets drier than anything else and cracks a bit. No one else? Ok, just me. Obviously, most lotions will cover the dry skin immediately, but the thing that I like about this hand cream is that I can wait roughly 5 hours before I would even need to consider reapplying it. It keeps that little patch of skin hydrated and to me, that's what makes a hand cream good.

The bottle states that you can put this on other parts of your body like your arms and elbows (which I have, works well there too) and heels, but also on your lips. Well, I have put it on my lips and I can't say that it works the same there. I think it's nice to believe that one product can do all of those things, but I prefer a product that has been formulated just for my lips. And not to mention, it's a little odd feeling and I don't really like it.

What do you think? Would you ever try a product like this? Comment below and let me know!

I was sent this product by BzzAgent and received no compensation for this post. All opinions are mine and have not been swayed in any way by BzzAgent or the manufacturer.

(All photos copyright Allison Richardson Photography and not available for use without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment